Visitor Map von www.maploco.com

Freitag, 31. August 2012

Toy Boy - Mika (a wonderful childhood hymn)

(Ich liebe Mikas songs, weil die so anders sind, als normale pop-songs. Toy Boy zum Beispiel handelt von einem Spielzeug, das auch Gefühle hat.)

I’m a wind-up toy in an up down world
If you leave me all alone, I’ll make a mess for sure
I’ve a heart of gold in the smallest size
Leave me in the dark, you’ll never hear me cry

More than an illustration
Points of articulation
Come to life on a brass spring
Such a wonderful plaything

It’s a cruel cross that I have to bear
If you come a little closer I’m going to pull your hair
More than just a toy in a patched blue suit
Hold me in your arms I’m just a boy like you

But your mama thought there was somethin’ wrong
Didn’t want you sleeping with a boy too long
It’s a serious thing in a grown-up world
Maybe you’d be better with a Barbie girl

You knew that I adored-ya
But you left me in Georgia
Toys are not sentimental
How could I be for rental?

She’s the meanest hag that has ever been
Pulled out my insides with an old safety pin
I’m the sorest sight, now I feel like trash
Clothes are made of rags and they don’t even match

So she dressed me up as the man she loved
Threw me in a box when she had had enough
Now the light of day I no longer see
She stuck her voodoo pins where my eyes used to be

Accidentally tragic
Victim of her black magic
Had a boy once who loved me
Now he's so afraid of me

On a long lost day when you're gray and dull
You'll be there remembering your old toy boy
When your oldest son wonderin' what to be
Tell him the story of a boy like me

Keine Kommentare:

Wie ich darauf kam einen Blog zu starten

Ich habe ein tolles Buch, das da heißt "101 Dinge, die du getan haben solltest, bevor du alt und langweilig bist" Ding Nummer 36 fällt unter die Kategorie Hobbys und heißt "Starte einen Blog". Und genau das tue ich jetzt gerade.
Viele Grüße
Satori

Das bin ich

Mein Bild
I am in my mid 20s and finished my university career. My areas of study included media analysis, literary and cultural studies, linguistics, and history. I like reading, drawing, writing, movies, TV, friends, traveling, dancing and all kinds of small things that make me happy. Just trying to spread some love.